Consortium Partner Institutions
The program is carried out by the leading public health institutions in the country:
- Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI);
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-Madras);
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS-Mumbai)
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER-Chandigarh);
- SreeChitraThirunal Institute of Medical Sciences& Technology (SCTIMST-Thiruvananthapuram)
Expected Knowledge Products
The potential knowledge products generated from the program includes reports, policy-briefs, media stories, peer-reviewed journal articles on the following themes:
- National Health Accounts (private enterprises, civil society and urban local bodies);
- State level health accounts (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Odisha, Maharashtra, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh);
- Disease-specific health accounts (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra and Punjab);
- Resource tracking of government health spending in states (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Odisha, Maharashtra, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh);
- Costing of health care services (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Odisha and Himachal Pradesh);
- Quality of care assessment in public health facilities (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Odisha and Himachal Pradesh);
- Process and impact evaluation of health insurance in states (Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh).
- Digitized Health Financing Database involving budgets of central and state governments spanning 20 years for 30 states (1995-96 to 2015-16).
- Institutionalisation of health accounts and resource tracking;
- Additional resources mobilised;
- Efficient and fair resource reallocation;
- Prepayment and risk pooling mechanisms expanded & improved;
- Improved governance and transparency in government fund flows.