Position Code : PHFI-SCMG-9
Position Title : Senior Research Assistant/Research Fellow
Location : Gurgaon
Duration of Position : One year or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
Brief on the Organization:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders. For more information, please visit the website www.phfi.org.
The Public Health Foundation of India is collaborating with Health Care Without Harm to lead work on air pollution and its impact on health in India. As part of this project, we aim to carry out work related to:
- Policy Advocacy: To identify and advocate for policies at the local, state and national levels to protect public health by significantly reducing air pollution in several cities and fostering a transition to clean, renewable, healthy energy.
- Health Sector Capacity Building: To develop educational content, provide opportunities for professional development, and foster leadership within the Indian health sector on the causes and consequences of air pollution and other impacts of fossil fuel based energy generation.
- Healthcare Research and Engagement: To engage and mobilize Indian health care systems to address air pollution.
- Communications: To collaborate with other health sector actors to develop a robust public communications strategy to educate the general public and policy makers on the health impacts of air pollution and generate support for policy initiatives.
- International Collaboration: To collaborate with Health Care Without Harm – including its Healthy Energy Initiative, its Global Green and Health Hospitals network, as well as other leading health organizations and institutions – to strengthen these efforts to address the health impacts of air pollution in India, and to build the India work into the emerging global health sector movement to advocate for a worldwide transition to clean, renewable energy as a basis for sustainable and equitable development.
- Engage with public and private healthcare institutions for HELP initiative.
- Convene Indian health system leaders in a series of air pollution/ climate leadership roundtables.
- Assist in developing case studies and op-eds for HELP initiative.
- Assist in the establishment of air quality monitoring sites at hospitals or medical colleges and ensure regular maintenance and data collection.
- Lead analysis of the data collected and produce short reports for dissemination.
- Assist in the development of publication from the work carried out.
- Carry our desk based research as and when required.
- Assist in the organization of workshop, seminar and conferences hosted by the Centre for Environmental Health.
- Liaising with Government, Private Sector, Media and Civil Society Stakeholders.
- Preparing monthly progress reports and newsletters.
- Monthly progress reports and quarterly newsletters.
- Any other project related work assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development or a related field.
- Experience in project management would be an advantage.
- Self-driven, with an ability to plan, conceptualize and organize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity in knowledge generation/management and dissemination
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
Annual Salary (CTC) will be based on the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Applications, along with detailed CV, may be sent to:
. Please highlight the exact Position Code (PHFI-SCMG-9) in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please send the following information along with your application (In Email Body):
- Current Salary
- Expected Salary
- Notice Period
- Applied Through- IJP/Devnet/LinkedIn/PHFI Website- Please specify
Applications sent without the above information will not be considered.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: COB 30 April 2017
PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality undergraduate and post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
Women are encouraged to apply