The Indian Institute of Public Health – Gandhinagar (IIPH-G) started on World Health Day – 7th April 2008. The first academic program that was, launched in July 2008, was called Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Management. Students came from Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab. The institute presently has 13 fulltime faculty from diverse backgrounds related to public health.
Inorder to train in-service managers/ staff, the institute has been conducting short-term training programmes and workshops in various fields related to public health. The institute‘s activities has received funding support from NRHM/ Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and Medical Council of India, CSIR, NABARD, Karoliska Institute, NRDC, IPH Banglore, etc.
The faculty members are involved in several research grants/projects in the areas of MCH, disease surveillance, nutrition, micro-finance, monitoring health programs and advocacy, heat stress and health due to climate change etc. In addition IIPH G has developed research and academic collaborations with Karolinska Institute Sweden, Aberdeen University, UK, NRDC USA, Boston University, Columbia University USA.
IIPH G has also been providing research based health policy advice to Government of Gujarat.The faculty members are on various government committees, NGO boards and international advisory committees. They also help in teaching programs and conducting workshops at other IIPHs and other academic institutions.
Distance Learning Course
Certificate Programme in Research Methodology, Admissions open for 2nd batch 1st April 2013 –30th Septermber, 2013
- 1st Batch of Qualitative Data Analysis using Atlas-ti workshop (9-10th May, 2013): Download Brochure
- 7th Batch of Qualitative Research Methods for Health & Medical Professionals (6-8th May, 2013): Download Brochure
- 2nd Batch of Short Term Training on Quantitative Data Analysis Using SPSS June( 4th–7th 2013): Download Brochure
2nd batch of short term training on
'Fundamentals of health economics’
(18-21 June 2013): Download Brochure
- Short term training on 'Updates in Public Health for Factory Medical Officers’
(24-26 June 2013): Download Brochure
- Workshop on Systematic Review & Developing Cochrane Systematic Review protocol (28th - 29th June, 2013): Download Brochure
Indian Institute of Public Health, Gandhinagar
Sardar Patel Institute Campus, Drive-in Road, Thaltej,
Ahmedabad – 380 054
Tel. +91 - 79 - 40240444, Fax: +91 - 79 - 40240445