Senior research fellow
Dr. Rohini Ghosh is Epidemiologist (SRF) at SANCD. Her research interest is mainly maternal and child health, who received her PhD from Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata. She has worked with CNRS, Paris, Ben Gurion University, Israel and at the HSS department IIT Kanpur on various aspects of maternal and child health. Presently, she is working on stress and reproductive health, cardiovascular outcome, public health and Interaction between Human Nutrition, Growth and Disease
- Ghosh R. Child mortality in India: a complex situation. World J Pediatr. 2012 Feb;8(1):11-8. Epub 2012 Jan 27.
- Ghosh R, Sharma AK. Determinants of tetanus and sepsis among the last neonatal deaths at household level in a peri-urban area of India. Postgrad Med J. 2011 Apr;87(1026):257-63.
- Ghosh R, Sharma AK. Intra- and inter-household differences in antenatal care, delivery practices and postnatal care between last neonatal deaths and last surviving children in a peri-urban area of India. J Biosoc Sci. 2010 Jul; 42(4): 511-30.
- Ghosh R, Bharati P. Determinants of infant and child mortality in periurban areas of Kolkata city, India. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2010 Jan; 22(1): 63-75.
- Ghosh R. Ethical conflict among doctors in India: a cause of high female foeticide. Acta Paediatr. 2009 Feb; 98(2): 403-4. Epub 2008 Oct 23.
- Bilenko N, Ghosh R, Levy A, Deckelbaum RJ, Fraser D. Partial breastfeeding protects Bedouin infants from infection and morbidity: prospective cohort study. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008; 17(2): 243-9.
- Ghosh R. Microlevel determinants of blood pressure among women of two ethnic groups in a periurban area of Kolkata city, India. Am J Hum Biol. 2007 May-Jun; 19(3): 409-15.
- Ghosh R, Mascie-Taylor CG, Rosetta L. Longitudinal study of the frequency and duration of breastfeeding in rural Bangladeshi women. Am J Hum Biol. 2006 Sep-Oct; 18(5): 630-8.
- Ghosh R, Bharati P. Nutritional status of adults among Munda and Pod populations in a peri urban area of Kolkata City, India. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2006; 18(2): 12-20.
- Ghosh R, Bharati P. Haemoglobin status of adult women of two ethnic groups living in a peri-urban area of Kolkata city, India: a micro-level study. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2003;12(4):451-9.
Click here to view the complete list of publications.