Dr. Mrs. Sanghamitra Pati did her MBBS (1992) & MD (Biochemistry, 1998) both from MKCG Medical College, Berhampur, Odisha and Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education (DNHE) from IGNOU, New Delhi. In the year 2000, she received the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship (JJWBGS) to do Master of Public Health (MPH) at University of Maastricht, The Netherlands. Then, she got AAUW (American association of university women) International Fellowship in 2002 for a research project on reproductive health promotion of tribal women. Since 2001, she had been working as a senior faculty in various medical colleges of the state Odisha prior to joining PHFI in August 2010. She was also an adjunct faculty in National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research (SV NIRTAR), College of Nursing, and College of Pharmacy, Cuttack, Odisha.
She has received the APCASOT Fellowship (Queensland Cancer Foundation Australia, 2004) for adolescent tobacco abuse prevention; International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) Fellowship for Training in HIV /AIDS at National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, USA (2005) and International Cancer Research Technology Transfer Fellowship (2006, Geneva) for studying tobacco control practice among primary care physicians. She had undertaken a smoking cessation program for medical students which received APACT Young Investigator Award in 2007. Dr. Pati is a fellow of UICC (Union for International Cancer Control); an active member of International Association for Study on Obesity (IASO), International Society of Behavioral medicine (ISBM), Indian Association for Cancer Research (IACR), Association for Women in Development (AWID) and Global Link -global tobacco control network and an early career awardees of ISBM (2010, 2012).
Apart from teaching Public Health, at Indian Institute of Public Health- Bhubaneswar, she is also coordinating the research activities of the institute. She has publications in different scientific and development journals and coauthored few books.
Areas of Interest:
Primary care research, Environmental and Occupational health, Nutrition and Obesity, Chronic Diseases, Preventive Oncology and Health Profession Education.
- Jayanti Mishra, Sanghamitra Pati, Mohammad Akhtar Hussain, Niraj Srivastava and Sindhubala Mishra Screening for Sickle Cell Disease: A Hospital Based Study in Eastern Odisha, India. South Asian Journal of Experimental Biology; 2 (2): 57‐60; 2012
- Chauhan AS, Hussain MA, Pati S., Nallala S., Mishra J. Knowledge and attitudes related to HIV/AIDS among medical and allied health sciences students. Indian Journal of community health.2011; 23(2): 96-98.
- Pati S. Assessment of Rural Pediatric Obesity Using Focus Group and Questionnaire Methodology, Obesity Reviews (2010) 11 (Suppl 1): 416
- Pati S. The Effectiveness of Delivering Unfavorable News to Patients Diagnosed with Cancer Training Program for Future Oncologists in Odisha, India: Psycho-oncology (2010) 19 (Suppl 2) : S 197-198
- Pati S. Insulin resistance and Hormone Profile in Polycystic Ovarian Disease: before and after Metformin Therapy. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, October 2010.
- Pati S. Development of Empathy among Medical Students towards Psychosocial Needs of Cancer Patients and their Relatives through Micro Skills Interview Training: Int. J Behav. Med. (2010) 17 ( Suppl 1)): S 19-20
- Pati S. Postprandial Lipemia and Ischemic Heart Disease among males in Orissa; Indian Medical Gazette, January 2009.
- Pati S. Behavioral Sciences in Medical Education, Samhita, the Journal of SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa, 2009.
- Pati S. Empathy in Medicine; Samhita, the Journal of SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa, 2008.
- Pati S. A smoking cessation and prevention skill building program for Medical Students of Orissa, India; Taiwan Journal of Public Health, December 2007.
- Pati S. E- medicine: An Ethical evaluation. Indian Journal of medical ethics. Vol IV. 2007 S: 34.
- Pati S. Astudy on Tobacco Cessation Practice among General Practitioners in Orissa (India) Lung Cancer, Volume 49, Supplement 2, July 2005, Page S195
- Pati S. Indoor environmental risk factors for asthma and respiratory ill health in preschool children of coastal Orissa, India, Epidemiology: Volume 16(5) September 2005 p: S132-S133
- Pati S. Nutrition in the prevention of cancer: Samhita, The Journal of SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa, 2004.
- Pati S. Mainstreaming Gender in Health Programs, Research in Public Policy and Analysis Journal, Vol. II, No.1 August 2003
- Pati S. Health &Human Rights: An Inextricable Linkage, Social Welfare, ISSN No. 0037-8038, Vol. 50 No 4, July 2003
- Pati S. Prevention of Tobacco Abuse among School Children: Need for an Educational Approach, Journal of Adolescent Education, Dec.2002, Population Education Cell, Govt. of Orissa
- Pati S. Health Promoting Schools: Plans and Perspectives, Journal of Adolescent Education, June 2002, Population Education Cell, Govt. of Orissa, India.
- Lakra GJ, Kadam S, Hussain MA, Pati S, Sharma K, Zodpey S. Motivation And Job Satisfaction Among Multipurpose Health Workers In Hilly And Non Hilly Areas Of Jashpur District, Chhattisgarh: An Exploratory Study. The Southeast Asian journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health (Accepted for publication)
- Kadam Swati, Pati S., Chauhan AS., A Study on hand washing knowledge and practice among slum children and their mothers in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. (Accepted for publication)
- Pati S. et al. Health Promotion Education in India: Present Landscape and Future Vistas. Global Journal of health sciences. (Accepted for publication).
- Pati S. Dhai ma Pustika (Midwifery in Oriya), Jagulai Publications, Cuttack, Orissa; ISBN No: 978-81-907590-0-7. Selected by Orissa Sahitya Academy for Public Library Circulation.
- Pati S. New concepts on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, ISBN: 81-903592-0-7, Jagulai Publications, Cuttack, Orissa
- Pati S. Skill building Manual of Secondary School Teachers in Adolescent health education, SCERT, Govt. of Orissa